how can that be? she was barely walking a few days ago, right? it seems impossible that 4 years have already flown by - i'm certain the next 4 will pass within the blink of an eye, too. oh, how i wish i could make time stand still to relish in each an every moment with her.
the other day my sister and i were at the mall with the girls who decided to run as far from us as possible throughout Von Maur. A lady walked up beside us and as i ran ahead to save them from running out the door, the lady told my sister, "your girls are precious! do you realize you are in the prime of your life? it doesn't get any better than this." wow! what a wonderful thing to hear - especially when you catch yourself thinking how nice it would be to shop without hollering at your child for twisting herself up in a formal dress on the rack. i've thought many times about what the lady said and oh how i want to hold on to her words. it really doesn't get any better than this. all of the moments when i think, oh if i only had a few minutes alone or if i could only go to the bathroom by myself? all of those times when life seems stressful, hectic and tiring - this is my life and i want to appreciate it for exactly the way it is. i wouldn't change it for anything in the world.
anyway, back to the birthday post...we celebrated with a winter themed party this year. it was perfect especially since the snow fell seriously from the beginning to the end of January. evie's friends and family were here and she loved every minute of all of the attention. she and her dad built a snowman the day before the party and he greeted all who came. what a wonderful day it was!
evie's snowman
building their snowmen
her snowman creation
the gang!
delicious!
oh, these years will pass and become precious memories. how thankful i am to be evie's mommy and to watch her grow and experience all of life. i am so grateful to God for blessing me with her!
3 comments:
thanks for the reminder to soak it all in during these years!
It's true, Jennifer. I am acutely aware with every passing day how fast this time with Johnny is going and how I'll never get it back. Every time I wish he'd go to bed or leave me alone I remember that and immediately I put down whatever I'm doing and get on the floor for a tumble or a snuggle.
What a cute theme! I love the cake!! I cannot believe how big our girls are!!! We are truely blessed! Happy Birthday Evie!!!!
Post a Comment