Tuesday, June 28, 2011

catch up - day 2

i'm back! with a little more to add...

both Mother's and Father's Day were celebrated - now that we have Evie on these special days, it seems like we celebrate her more than Trevor or me. we are so happy to be her mom and dad and so grateful that God has entrusted her precious life to us. What a joy it is to be a mom and to be able to really appreciate all of the women in my life who have helped to shape and mold me into the person and mom I am today.

I am so thankful to have wonderful memories of my mom - how she smelled, how she always looked so put together, the butter and cheese sandwiches she always made me for lunch along with the spaghettio's that my sister happily spooned into my hair (thanks, dana!), her voice, her hands, of course I could go on and on here. I want to be the kind of mom that I remember her being - I know she wasn't perfect by any means, and I am not striving for perfection here - just hoping that I am able to give Evie the love, support, and patience from me that she deserves. those are the things that my mom gave me and I am forever grateful.

here are a couple pics from Mother's Day -


And then there's Father's Day - a day of celebrating the great dad and father-in-law that I have as well as the wonderful dad Trevor is. He is such a patient and kind dad and Evie adores him. What a blessing it is to watch these two together!

opening his presents - with a little help!
one pose with Dad

so that's it for today! i'll try to be back again tomorrow!

No comments: